How Does A Lease Option Home Purchase Work?
The rent to own process is actually pretty simple.
- Join our property list and tell us what type of home you’re looking for, your budget, the amount you’ve saved for a downpayment, etc.
- We’ll send you local rent-to-own / lease option homes that fit your criteria including for rent by owner listings.
- If you like a home and want to apply, we’ll give you an application to fill out. Don’t worry – we help people with all kinds of credit and financial situations, and if you can afford the property, we can probably help you to own it. If you do not see a home in our inventory that interests you, let us know your search criteria and we can often find your home for you with our “My Perfect Home Program”.
- After you’re approved to rent the home you’ve selected, we will prepare all of the required paperwork. Then just sign the documents and move on in!
- Move in and pay your rent payments on-time… then at the end of the rental agreement, you can decide if you want to purchase the home or not.
THERE IS NO OBLIGATION to purchase the home after the rental agreement expires.
How Long Are Rent-To-Own / Lease Option Terms?
Your lease option agreement (also known as the rent to own contract) will spell out the length of time that you have to complete the purchase of the property – typically 1 to 2 years, but in certain circumstances we may extend your option if you need more time to get your credit up to the point where you can qualify for a bank loan.
The purchase of your home usually takes place through a traditional mortgage loan, but there are other ways to complete the purchase, depending on your finances.
That’s the process!
Once you’ve completed your mortgage, you’re done – now you own your home!